It is the most anticipated event for the hedge fund industry in the United States. The Wall Street Journal refers to it as the ‘Super Bowl of Investment Conferences’. And it is now being held in India. The Sohn Conference Foundation is all set to host its inaugural India conference on June 3 in Mumbai.
Some of the greatest minds in the business will congregate to reveal their investment ideas to an eager audience of investors, analysts, traders etc. If you are on the lookout for the next big stock idea, this could be place to get it. Each of the speakers will share their market wisdom for the benefit of making a significant contribution towards the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases.
The fundraiser honours the memory of Ira Sohn, a talented Wall Street professional who succumbed to cancer at the age of 29. Since 1995, the Foundation has built the investment conclave into one of the most anticipated events of the year raising $70 million so far. The Foundation has expanded to San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Hong Kong, London and Canada. This year’s annual New York investment conference alone ended up raising $4 million for the Foundation.
The India investment conference will see the following market minds on to the stage for 15 minutes each to reveal their outlook or market-moving investment idea:
- Shankar Sharma, founder and head of global strategy, First Global
- Sunil Singhania, CIO, equity investments, Reliance Mutual Fund
- Akash Prakash, founder and CEO, Amansa Capital
- Raamdeo Agrawal, joint managing director, Motilal Oswal Financial Services
- S Naganath, president and chief investment officer, DSP BlackRock Investment Managers
- Sankaran Naren, chief investment officer, ICICI Prudential Asset Management
- Kenneth Andrade, former head of investments, IDFC Asset Management
- Shiv Puri, founder and MD, TVF Capital Advisors
- Rukhshad Shroff, portfolio manager and India country specialist, JP Morgan Asset Management
Proceeds from this year's Sohn India Investment Conference will be donated to the Tata Memorial Centre.
If you have not booked a seat yet, you can register at www.sohnconference.org/india
Follow @sohnconf and @OutlookBusiness to stay updated on more about the conference