People find it easier to identify defining moments in history with a face. And I have the good fortune of being that for the National Stock Exchange (NSE). I was fully involved with the setting up of NSE right from day one and was also its MD and CEO for the first seven formative years. However, like the proverbial iceberg, that is only 10% of the story. The other 90% is about how time conspired to make things happen despite a lot of behind-the-scene machination. The story of NSE is one of going against the grain; it is also a story of underestimation, opposition, serendipity and fortitude.
Think Beyond, Stay Ahead
Against All Odds
RH Patil setting up the NSE is a story of underestimation, opposition, serendipity and fortitude
Summer wine and salad
Kishore Singh - January 19, 2015
The million-dollar question: Is investing a game of luck or skill?
Shankar Sharma - May 04, 2021
Every crisis is an opportunity, if you are on the right side of equities
Samir Arora - May 04, 2021
Viraj Mehta trusts the toughness and bounce of a company that has seen many trials
Viraj Mehta - May 04, 2021
Safir Anand spots a mid-sized company with the right chemistry and catalytic circumstances
Safir Anand - May 07, 2021